Turkey berry, a green rounded fruit of the Solanum torvum plant, tiny in size but offers immense merits for overall wellbeing. Besides being a proven cure for a host of gut problems ranging from indigestion to abdominal cramps, these little berries also resolve iron deficiency conditions, keep blood sugar levels in check and prevent the onset of cardiac ailments.
Turkey Berry Nutrition Facts:
Turkey berry is densely packed with high-quality proteins, dietary fibers, apart from vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It is naturally low in carbohydrates, calories and fats making it ideal to incorporate in weight loss diets.
Turkey berry is rich in vitamin A and carotenoids, which improves eyesight, skin texture and averts chronic disorders. It holds ample quantities of vitamin C, for strengthening immune system and flushing out harmful free radicals from the system. Turkey berry has vast reserves of vital mineral iron, for improving red blood cell synthesis and calcium for strong bones. The key elements for maintaining electrolyte balance in the body, potassium and sodium are in generous amounts in turkey berries.
Turkey berry is abundant in unique phytonutrients such as sapogenin steroids, alkaloids, flavonoids, torvosides, glycosides, chlorogenins, tannins and phenols. These makes it beneficial anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant and antidiuretic traits, for effectively remedying numerous illnesses, including pancreatic ulcers, arthritis and gout, diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease.
Turkey Berry Health Benefits:
- Immune Boaster: Turkey berry is rich in vitamin C, the key nutrient for building resistance. To shield the body from allergies, chronic illnesses like diabetes, hypertension and seasonal infections such as the flu.
- Combat Fever: Polyphenol antioxidants which activates your immune system to fight off infections and diseases are pack in Turkey Berry. It also lowers high body temperature, relieves fever, soothes cough, sore throat and runny nose(when taken as part of dals, curries or in the form of dried powder). It aids in eliminating phlegm, mucus from the nasal passages, lungs, thereby mending instances of asthma and respiratory problems.
- Heart Wellness: It is very rich in protein, essential amino acids and advantageous to heart health. Due to its potent antioxidant constituents, its able to avert heart disease and hypertension.
- Manage Diabetes: Turkey Berry has glycoside antioxidant which controls insulin production and glucose absorption by the body. It is therefore able to lower sudden spikes in blood sugar levels, which occurs after consuming food.
- Aid Kidney Function: Incorporating a small portion of turkey berries in routine meals supplies tremendous incentives for detoxifying the kidneys. This facilitating smooth bowel, bladder movement and uplifting renal health. Turkey Berry has potent antioxidants good for healing renal disorders such as kidney stones and remedying obstruction of glomerular structures.
- Regulates Menstruation: Chew or Drink turkey berry juice, ensure timely menstrual cycles in women. Which are often disrupted due to hormonal imbalance. It contains a distinct steroid called sapogenin, this possesses the ability to control hormonal secretions and regulate metabolism in the body.
- Promotes Digestion: The phenols and chlorogenins in Turkey Berry, help to neutralize stomach acids in situations of intestinal gastritis or pancreatic ulcers. Moreover, the massive fiber content facilitates smooth digestion of food, accelerates weight loss and maintains normal appetite.
- Treat Anemia: Turkey berry is rich in iron, which is a mineral crucial for the healthy synthesis of red blood cells in the body. Eating turkey berry as part of meals supplies sufficient iron, for rectifying deficiency disorders anemia and stimulating blood circulation to transport nutrients to all organs in the system.
Turkey Berries is used in cooking many dishes such as soups, curries/stews, dals, and also consumed as the dried berry seasoned with salt and spices or blended with water and taken as juice. By doing this you gain a powerhouse of essential nutrients, including antioxidants, proteins, fibers, vitamins and minerals.